Pioneer SC-LX86 3D 7.1 AV Receiver Product Overview
The new line is also enhanced with advanced network features and custom installation set-up options including Apple’s AirPlay1, DLNA 1.5 , Windows 7, Internet Radio, PC Setup control, Advanced MCACC auto-calibration, multiple HDMI inputs and Pioneer’s trendsetting iPad, iPhone, and iPod apps including iControlAV20122 and Air Jam3.
To ensure that the receivers deliver the highest fidelity home entertainment experience the top three models are all certified by THX, while the SC-LX86 and SC-LX76 additionally have been sonically tuned at AIR Studios.
Superior AV processing
All models integrate Pioneer’s latest Direct Energy HD amplifiers built on Class D technology and incorporate various leading edge technologies to provide the absolute best audio and video performance.
- Direct Energy HD amplifiers built on Class D technology – Direct Energy HD amplifiers are built into all models to deliver the true audio potential of uncompressed sources such as Blu-ray Discs as well as other high-definition audio content. The amplifier section of each new receiver delivers affluent power to each available channel, providing great detail and high dynamic range, with virtually no loss in performance even with all channels simultaneously driven at full volume.
- Advanced MCACC – Pioneer takes room calibration further with Advanced MCACC, which performs 3D calibration by including time axis parameters while automatically compensating for differences in speaker size, output level and distance.
- Auto Phase Control Plus – With Auto Phase Control Plus, each receiver automatically provides real-time phase matching by continuously analysing the audio input and adjusting the output signals for each individual speaker and subwoofer to compensate for potential lag in the source.
- PQLS Bit-Stream – PQLS technology eliminates distortion caused by digital timing errors with HDMI connections.
- Virtual Speaker Modes – For a more realistic audio video experience, the new receivers can simulate sound coming from various areas in a room without actual additional speakers connected, newly adding “virtual wide” to virtual surround back, virtual height and virtual depth.
- 4K pass through - To maximise the user’s video display performance with state-of-the-art video processing, the SC-LX56 and above also offer 4k pass through.
Each new receiver enables users to customise their home set-up, with the top three 9.2 channel models providing up to ten different speaker configurations. Users can for instance create a full 5.1 system and use the remaining channels for additional zones, all controllable directly from the receiver and/or portable device running the iControlAV2012 app.
- Zone Controls – The receivers are capable of providing various audio and video outputs and control signals for multiple rooms (zones). From the SC-LX56 and above, up to three zones can be set up for audio. The SC-LX86 and SC-LX76 include an HDMI output to a fourth zone.
- More subwoofer outputs – Pioneer’s top of the range receivers come equipped with a dedicated zone 2 subwoofer output in addition to the dual subwoofer out in the main zone.
The power of connectivity
Similar to Pioneer’s recently introduced VSX receivers, these new models offer a multitude of network connectivity options including Apple’s AirPlay, DLNA 1.5, Internet radio and Bluetooth audio streaming (with optional AS-BT200 BT adapter).